Trusted Food Safety Training Courses
The food business is a delicate one. It’s also the type of business that needs to be very meticulous, especially where safety issues are concerned. There is always the risk of providing people with food that get them sick and ultimately end with you closing the doors to your business.
Food safety training courses should not be taken likely because they can mean the difference between staying in business or getting shut down.
In other words, you want your staff members to be at their best, whether it’s preparing to work with food, following the rules inside and outside the kitchen, or presenting clients with their orders, they always have to be mindful.
Trusted Training 4 U is the solution you’ve been looking for, and it comes in the form of food safety training courses. These are provided by accredited instructors throughout the UK, and the certificates are valid for 3 years.
The valuable courses offered by Trusted Training 4 U is an investment you’ll be making, not only in your business but also to your employees. Ensure that your clients only receive the most healthy prepared dishes, and do it at a very affordable price.
Food safety is extremely important to businesses of any size which handle food. The aim of food hygiene training is to raise understanding and achieve good standards of food safety and hygiene for your staff and Business.
Trusted Training 4 U offer a variety of different courses available for people working in food businesses. The courses detailed below are designed to meet the requirements of legislation. Speak to our team and see how Trusted Training can help implement the right training of your employees
All Our Food Safety Training Courses Are…
- Maximum of 12 Delegates & 3 Year Certificates.
- Accredited Instructors Across The UK
Food Safety Awareness
Course Duration 2 Hours
If your business deals with the preparation and handling of food, you are required under the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995 to provide your staff with appropriate food safety awareness and handling training. Participants in this two hour long course will learn about good food safety practice and understand the key areas regarding food hygiene and food safety.
Legally, the business owner must ensure that all people handling food are properly supervised and that they have received appropriate training in food hygiene and food safety to a level appropriate to their job. This easy to understand, two hour course will equip participants with basic knowledge and understanding of food safety, which they will need to ensure appropriate standards are being met within their workplace. This food safety awareness course will give staff the skills and knowledge they need to safely manage food preparation.
Course participants will learn about the following food safety topics:
- Introduction to the principles of food safety
- The common hazards associated with food safety
- Food poisoning and cross contamination
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Correct storage temperatures
- Personal hygiene practices, including hand washing
- Understanding food allergies and intolerances
- Safe management of premises, equipment and pest control
- The cleaning and disinfecting of food preparation and storage areas
- Food safety legislation and requirements
Food Safety Level 1
Course Duration 2 Hours
This course aims to provide a thorough understanding of the necessity for safety measures to be implemented during food preparation, as well as the practical knowledge necessary to correctly apply these measures. Ideal participants for this course include front of house staff at restaurants and cafes, kitchen staff with minimal prior experience of food safety, as well as staff who are limited to handling wrapped foods.
The course lasts for four hours, and will ensure that participants are familiar with the following areas of food safety:
- Food safety basics, including food hygiene, hazards, and individual responsibilities
- Personal hygiene, including how to wash hands in an effective and appropriate manner
- Cleaning the food preparation area
- Contamination of ingredients
- Infection awareness and prevention methods
- Defining and understanding infection control
- How the chain of infection leads to individuals becoming infected
- Understanding different types of bacteria and infections
- Infections specifically associated with health care environments – healthcare-associated infections (HCAI)
- The importance of infection control and management methods for HCAI
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Understanding the importance of legislation and policy relating to infection control
- Regulating bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Upon completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate which is valid for the following three years.
Food Safety Level 2
Course Duration 6 Hours
The food industry is one of the most demanding industries when it comes to health and safety. Whether you harvest fresh food, work in the meat or fish industry, or prepare, cook, store, serve and distribute food in a commercial setting, there are many important rules and regulations that govern how you do your job. It is vital that employers ensure all of their staff have thorough knowledge of the correct rules and procedures to help them maintain a healthy and safe working environment for themselves, and their customers.
This course is designed to give those working in food-related industries an in-depth understanding of their responsibilities when it comes to ensuring that the food they produce is handled properly, and is safe to eat.
The course is suitable for professionals from a wide range of food-related jobs, and will cover:
- The importance of hygiene and food safety in the workplace
- Current rules and regulations around food preparation standards
- The role of the employer and the employee in food safety
- Safe systems and techniques to help you meet these standards
- Controlling and reporting risk factors
- Personal hygiene and food handling regulations
- How to store food safely