As an employer and childcare provider you are responsible for making sure that your children receive immediate attention if they are taken ill or are injured at Nursery / School. Accidents and illness can happen at any time and sitting a paediatric first aid course can save lives and prevent minor injuries from becoming major ones. Thats why the Government has introduced a new law to all Childcare Providers to be able to provide first aid at work that will be coming into place from October! The courses are also ideal for parents and grandparents or anyone looking after babies and children.
New nursery staff and pre-school staff will be required to undertake paediatric 1st aid training for the first time, thanks to new government proposals.
The new proposals will mean newly qualified staff with a childcare level 2 and 3 qualification must have an emergency paediatric first aid certificate or full paediatric first aid certification – a life-saving change that will add approximately 15,000 additional trained early years professionals to our nurseries and pre-schools each and every year.
All courses for Paediatric First Aid are…
- Maximum of 12 Delegates & 3 Year Certificates.
- Accredited Instructors Across The UK
First Aid Course Paediatric (OFSTED) – Course Duration 2 Days
Our two-day course caters for emergency situations that can occur when looking after babies, young children and infants. The course is intended for those working with foundation age children, including: those who work in day nurseries, pre-schools, private nursery schools and play gyms; those who run before and after school clubs; and childminders, nannies and carers.
Our course meets the OFSTED Early Years and Childcare Register requirements and will provide you with the first aid skills to recognise and help with a range of illnesses or injuries and provide child first aid whilst you wait for the emergency services to arrive.
On this course you’ll learn how to:
- Plan for first aid emergencies and correct usage of first aid kits
- Recognise and deal with shock
- Deal with emergencies
- Recognise and respond correctly to: electric shocks, anaphylactic shock, bleeding, meningitis and other serious illnesses
- Respond appropriately to: burns and scalds, suspected fractures, poisoning, choking, and head, neck and spinal injuries
- Respond correctly to: foreign bodies in children’s eyes, ears and noses; eye injuries, stings and bites; febrile convulsions and the effects of cold and heat
- Recognise and respond to emergencies resulting from serious and chronic conditions, such as: diabetes, asthma, epilepsy and sickle cell
First Aid Blended Paediatric Course (Ofsted) Level 3 – Course Duration 12 Hours
Blended Level 3 Course Content
This course is designed for learners that prefer a mix of E Learning and Practical Learning.
Our blended course is delivered as a 12-hour course, the same learning hours as our traditional paediatric course.
E Learning 4 Hours: This is to be completed prior to the in class practical training. Learners have 2 weeks to complete the E Learning.
Learning outcomes are as follows:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide paediatric first aid in the following circumstances:
- for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- for an infant and a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Understand how to treat an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to treat an infant and a child with anaphylaxis
- Be able to administer treatment to an infant and a child with injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- Be able to administer treatment to an infant and a child with head and spine injuries
- Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has sustained an electric shock
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with burns or scalds
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has been poisoned
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has been bitten or stung
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with minor injuries
- Understand how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies
- Understanding the Law relating to the administration of First Aid
In Class Practical 8 Hours
- Practical Demonstration of the Primary Survey: Danger/Response/Airway Management/Breathing/Circulation. This includes Full CPR Practical.
- Practical exercise of the recovery position
- Practical choking exercise
- Practical Dressings Bandages and Slings
- Treatment of burns Anaphylaxis and Asthma
- Role Play Scene
- Recap on E Learning and Knowledge Test
All learners will receive the PowerPoint and a learner’s hand book at the beginning of the course.
Book your Course Now Click The Button Below